Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore blanks between a keyword in a card description and the value to extract

ma_rio December 15, 2020
Here is what I am trying to do:
1. The email containing text is sent to Trello board. - No issues.
2. Creating Butler rules to extract specific information from the card description and populate specific Custom fields. Limited success. I need help.

The following is the Card description. It contains 11 lines with empty lines between.
Each line has a keywords, like "Battery level:", that I tried to use in building Butler Rule, for example:

when the description of a card contains "Humidity: {* }, set custom filed "Humidity" to {wildcard1}

I experimented with all variations: {*} and { * } and {* } and {?} and so forth with limited success only with the first line where I successfully extracted date and populated custom field. For all other lines I couldn't make it working.
It seems that the consecutive blanks between the keyword and the value are messing me up.
Is there are way for Butler to ignore all consecutive blanks, while not ignoring a single blank (delimiter)?

Thank you
=========================================
Snap77.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020
ma_rio December 16, 2020

Hi SaM,

Would it be easier if the Card description looks like at picture. This way I have no issues with consecutive blanks, but in this case I am introducing a blank line. How to skip blank line?

Snap78.jpg

Also, the formatting (BOLD) is adding ** before and after the label. Is Butler taking ** as a part of the pattern?

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Hi @ma_rio ,

You can check out this documentation

https://help.trello.com/article/821-using-markdown-in-trello

and if my previous shared links are not helpful the I think you have to remove it space manually!

ma_rio December 16, 2020

I checked documentation you provided links. Also, I am not at liberty to use other integration tools...

I am already modifying email to make it easier for import into Trello and any further editing would make the process way to manual.

In terms of the markdown - I am aware of. But again, removing formatting adds manual work...:-(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events