Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide private member info in a Trello Board?

Sebastiaan Mullens January 14, 2021

Hi there,

I have setup a board to share info and documents with some of our partners. However, when I invite someone who is not on Trello yet, it will also show their email address, which is also visible to the other Observers and Guest Members. This is violating Privacy regulations as we would share their email without there being a direct need for this.

Also after creating an account a user has the option to adjust their privacy settings, but for someone who has no account yet obviously didnt have that chance yet. So it would also better not to show any personal information in case they have no account yet. The strange thing is that when someone already is on Trello, there is no email visible.

How can I make sure the email of people without an account is hidden?

Best

Not a Trello member yet (email visible):Email visibility for invited Observer.PNG

Already a Trello member (no email visible):

Email visibility for invited Observer already a trello user.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
jasonpoe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Sebastiaan Mullens

Thanks for sharing!  When someone is invited to Trello, but has not yet signup up, they are considered a virtual member of the board.  When someone invites a virtual member, we show the email to the inviter only, so the inviter has clarity on what email the invite was sent too.  

I just double-checked, and wasn't able to see the virtual users email if I did not invite them to a board.  

We've also responded to your support issue.  Feel free to engage there if you're still seeing issues, and we'll try to resolve it for you.

Jason (Trello Team Member)

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Sebastiaan Mullens ,

Welcome to the community!

I think you can't hide it until the user joins the Trello board!

You can ask Trello support HERE

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events