Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have unique cards on multiple list?

Colter Doty January 21, 2020

I am trying to create multiple lists and have cards on each list be different in terms of the questions and information on each card. For example one list I will need new team members basic info (name, date of birth, phone #, etc). Then on another list I'm trying to set the new team members goals, but when I create a card on that new list it automatically makes an identical card to the first list with the same information, and if i try to edit it and put new questions related to their goals it changes the card on the previous list. It looks like on a board when you create a card it creates the same card automatically for every list. Is it possible to have cards with different info on every list?

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Colter Doty 

Welcome to the Community!

You might like to try having checklists, or even several template cards which contain different checklists whereby, depending on which list the card is created in, depends which checklists are added. 

This would be a workaround for the goals, the custom fields of name, date of birth etc would still carry over, but the goals for each person could be different. Then the goals could be in a checklist called 'Goals' and when the person reaches a goal they could tick it off and therefore see their progression.

If you're running Butler, you could even have a rule set up to run where the custom field name is set to 'Bob' it could automatically add 'Bob's Goals' as a checklist.

Let us know if you would like help with Butler (I'm a bit of a Butler Nerd!) or if anything I've said doesn't make sense!

Esme :)

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hu

You can't have different custom fields between 2 cards which are in the same board.

Custom fields are defined for a board not for a list.

In your case, you need to create a board for each list if want to personalize custom fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events