Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get notified of check-items assigned to you with an upcoming due date?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hi there! I'm wanting to get reminder notifications of check-items that are assigned to me - so similar to how you would get a notification that a card assigned to you is due soon. I read that it's not an option yet, but thought that someone might have a hack to achieve this? Maybe with butler's reporting function?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

Reading your post again, please ignore my earlier reply. That hack uses the calendar and report variable. I have not migrated to my new SaaS platform for Butler Add on. I will look for the code and migrate it.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Thanks, @milynnus for the reply. I'm not quite sure I fully understand though. 
- What would be the trigger in this case?
- What would the purpose of adding an @mention in the comment of the card be? 
- What is your thinking around how the notification would work? 
Thank you!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

The calendar rule and report variable is to enable the gathering of all the card_ids that you want this alert to take place at the frequency you wanted.

The report variable will be use to iterate through all the cards looking for checklist within them and going through each item. If there is a due day, incomplete and member assigned, then if days before criteria is met then a comment with @username will be added to that card.

I found the code. Unfortunately I do not have biz class to test but I default to using the card due date and member assigned there to simulate.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events