It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to get a Custom Field to show up in a bulter generated email? Edited

Joseph I'm New Here Apr 03, 2020

Hi,

I have a custom field set to date and called "Release Date"

I have this code in butler:

when custom field "Release Date" is set by anyone, send an email notification to "email1; email2; email3" with subject "Release Date Update" and message "Remember the date!\nRelease date for [{cardname}]({cardlink}) was set to: {%Release Date}"

My question is how to get the date value set for Release Date to show up in an email? In this code i try {%Release Date}, but that gives me "{%Release Date}" back, not the value.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

You'll need an extra set of {}. custom fields are {{%Release Date}}. Also it is case sensitive to how it is in the custom field. 

**I have another question in this same lane... **

I would like to include the completed item names on a specific checklist in an email. Do you or does anyone know what the syntax for that would be? It's the same checklist name, but I want it to include the completed item names from a specific checklist.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Joseph I'm New Here Apr 06, 2020

Thank you Courtney. I would also love to know how to add checklist items to an email. +1!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,484 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you