Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ensure a rule triggers exactly once on a card no matter where that card is on the board?

Leena Abu Shmais March 14, 2023

Hi.

I'm trying to set-up a rule so that whenever a new card is added to a list, a checklist is automatically created for that card. It worked great. Problem is, however, when I accidently moved that card into a different list, then back to its home list, the rule triggered again and created a duplicate checklist on the same card. What am I doing wrong? Is there a foolproof to prevent something like this from happening, or is it a loophole? 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2023

Hi @Leena Abu Shmais First question, what rule are you using to create the checklist.  If you use the rule, "add the checklist named [checklistname] to the card", it wont duplicate the checklist if the card gets moved back.

You could also do something like adding a transparent label (call it "runonce" for example). Then...

Make your rules

When a card without label "runonce" is added to list [listname], add the checklist [checklistname].

when a card is move out of list [listname], add the label "runonce" to the card
Leena Abu Shmais March 15, 2023

Hi @Dreamsuite Mike , thanks so much, that solved it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events