Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a board

Greg Kozol November 29, 2017

I am having trouble deleting a board. When I expand the menu, I don't have a link for Closing a Board, just for leaving a board. Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hey Greg

It sounds like you're not the admin of the board. In order to archive or delete the board, you need to be admin.

Greg Kozol November 30, 2017

Unfortunately, when I go to my avatar and click, Change Permissions is grayed out. It's like that for every single person here. Any ideas how I can regain access to that. We basically have no administrators of our board. The people who set it up left the company.

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

While Trello Support is not able to make administrative changes on behalf of a user, there's some guidance on how to potentially overcome the issue at hand. Please check out http://help.trello.com/article/768-changing-the-admins-of-a-team-or-board for more detailed information about that.

If for some reason none of the mentioned items work in your favor, it might be best to make anew board, and then move each list from the existing board to the new. Moving each list will keep comments and activity in tact, and you'll just need to add other members to the new board. You'll then be the admin of the new board since you created it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events