Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a board you did not create

Whitney_Schoenfeld May 4, 2020

Several members of our staff use Trello.  We have had some staff leave and no longer work for us, but we seem to have no way to delete their boards because we did not create them.  These staff no longer have access to their email accounts even if we reached and asked them.  I'm an admin of everything else but not these boards that were created before my time.  Any tips or tricks on how to delete these boards?  "Close Board" is not an option for me.  I can only "Leave Board."  Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

@Whitney_Schoenfeld if you no longer want or need the boards then leaving the board is no different from closing it really.

Also, do they have email addresses in your domain? If so you can just recreate those emails, gain account access and go about it that way.

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2020

Hi Whitney,

I think you are looking for the Admin privileges in our Business Class product: https://help.trello.com/article/714-business-class-user-guide#Admin-Privileges

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events