Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create recurring tasks?

Peter Babb October 23, 2019

At this point I've tried Card Repeater, Playway Calendar, Zapier, and Butler to try and create recurring tasks that appear in both board and calendar view. Please tell me there is a way to create recurring tasks that actually creates a new card for each task. If I want to schedule a task for every other Tuesday and want each of those Tuesday cards to show up how do I do that? Or daily? Or weekly? How on earth do y'all handle repeating tasks?

Trying to build an editorial calendar that contains all of our content both recurring and solo. This seems like such a basic feature why can't I figure it out.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2019

Hi Peter,

The issue is that in order for a card to appear on the calendar view, the card must already exist, and when you set up a card to repeat (at least with Card Repeater), the card itself doesn't exist until the repeat time, when it's duplicated by Trello. Until then, the new card doesn't exist. Card Repeater also doesn't dynamically update the due date, so a repeated card still wouldn't show on the calendar view.

In short, if you want a card to appear both on the board and the calendar view, you need to manually create all of those cards, and set the due date for the date you want it on the calendar. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events