Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create individual boards that auto sync with cards assigned to to them in the master board

Max Losee May 21, 2020

I have interns that I don't want to have access to our master board of to-dos. I'm wanting to set them up with their own board so that whenever I assign a person to a card in the master board, it automatically syncs/ populates their individual board. 

What is the best way to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

@Max Losee you can't add someone to a card on a board they're not a member of, so you'd need to do this based on adding a label. For example, you can create a board called "Some Intern" and then when you add a label "Some Intern" copy the card to the top of the inbox list on that board and link the cards together:

2020-05-25 at 9.18 pm.png

0 votes
Deleted user May 22, 2020

when @fredbloggs is added to a card, move the card to the top of list "LISTNAME" on board "INTERNBOARD_FRED"

Simple Butler rule when you add a particualr member to the board in this case Fredbloggs the card is moved to a LIST within their own board. I think the Intern may still need to be a member of the master board but may work if they are not

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events