Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to copy card for each member?

I have a Trello board where I add a card in the 'To Do' column and assign the card to 4 members.

All 4 members complete the same task individually, and when all 4 have done it one of them move it to 'Ready for Review' column.

After 'Ready for Review', a reviewer needs to review each members work and move it to 'Done'.

Is there any way I assign each card to 4 of in 'To Do' but once its in 'Ready for Review' I can create 4 copies of a card - 1 for each member?

Lets say, there is a card in 'To Do'

1) Card title: 'Write an article' 
Members: Alex, Beth, Chuck, Dan.

All members have completed the task and moved the card to 'Ready for Review'. There I press some button and do something - that's what I want to know - which creates 4 cards like this:

1) Card title: 'Write an article' 
Members: Alex

2) Card title: 'Write an article' 
Members: Beth

3) Card title: 'Write an article' 
Members: Chuck

4) Card title: 'Write an article' 
Members: Dan

along with all comments and details.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes

Hey there!

I could see a Butler automation working well for this use case!

Check out https://help.trello.com/article/1318-creating-and-managing-butler-commands for more Butler inspiration!

• For a card button, you could define it so that:
    • when the button is clicked, the card is copied to a specified list with comments (optional: link to the original card)
    • And on the newly created card copy, add a member in turn from the card xXexamplecardurlxX to the card (for this part, you’d need to have a card, perhaps a static template card, on the board that all 4 users are consistently a member of so that Butler can rotate the newly copied card assignment between each user on the static card.)

With this type of Butler card button, each time you press the card button on the 'Write an article' card, a new copy of this card is created and the next member is added to the card.

Give it a test run and see if this fits your workflow!

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Aug 18, 2021

I would suggest looking into linked cards! Have a look here: https://www.loom.com/share/74d53d9e0ce640d38b4e773cbc3944c6

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,304 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you