Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control editing?

Juanita Malone June 3, 2019

I am sharing my trello boards with other people and I do not want them to be able to edit the content. Is there a way to prevent this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

Hi @Juanita Malone if you have the settings set to public and share the board url, they will not be able to edit content. Is that what you are currently doing or are you sharing a private board and adding members to it?

Thanks,
Jodi

I have been sharing the board because I want them to be able to mark the checklists. Will they be able to mark checklists as they go if I just share the link? 

Thanks for the help!

Juanita

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

Hi @Juanita Malone you can disable comments via the board's "Settings" in the board menu on the right side of your board. Click "More", then "Settings", then select "Commenting Permissions" and choose "Disabled". Only board admins can disable comments. Here is a post with more details, you may need to do a bit of testing with one of your users to ensure they can still mark checklists, but can't change content etc..

https://help.trello.com/article/792-disabling-comments-on-cards

Let me know if this helps,

Jodi

It does help but I want them to still be able to comment. I just don't want them to be able to edit the content or archive/delete things. 

Thank you,

Juanita Malone 

Nam Pham March 1, 2022

Could you help advise if there is any setup that user can add content only? edit/delete/archive is not allow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events