It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to control editing?

I am sharing my trello boards with other people and I do not want them to be able to edit the content. Is there a way to prevent this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jun 03, 2019

Hi @Juanita Malone if you have the settings set to public and share the board url, they will not be able to edit content. Is that what you are currently doing or are you sharing a private board and adding members to it?

Thanks,
Jodi

I have been sharing the board because I want them to be able to mark the checklists. Will they be able to mark checklists as they go if I just share the link? 

Thanks for the help!

Juanita

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jun 03, 2019

Hi @Juanita Malone you can disable comments via the board's "Settings" in the board menu on the right side of your board. Click "More", then "Settings", then select "Commenting Permissions" and choose "Disabled". Only board admins can disable comments. Here is a post with more details, you may need to do a bit of testing with one of your users to ensure they can still mark checklists, but can't change content etc..

https://help.trello.com/article/792-disabling-comments-on-cards

Let me know if this helps,

Jodi

It does help but I want them to still be able to comment. I just don't want them to be able to edit the content or archive/delete things. 

Thank you,

Juanita Malone 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,568 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you