How to close a board when you are not the admin and your admin no longer works for you?

Lauren Sok January 17, 2021

Hello, 

We have a trello account for my business. My office manager set up the account as the admin but no longer works for me. I don't have access to his login and need to close some of our old boards/team members. How do I transfer admin abilities to myself so this doesn't happen in the future. 

1 answer

2 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

Hi @Lauren Sok ,

If you want to transfer admin abilities to your account you have to ask the current admin of the board to transfer the access as an admin to you!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Lauren Sok January 19, 2021

Yes, I realize this however how do you do this if the person that's the admin no longer works for you and their email is not active to login. There's got to be a way to override this, or do we start a whole new account and board?

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Lauren Sok ,

In this case, you can ask Trello support HERE

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Tisa Biswas likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events