Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a board that a former member of staff has made?

Rosanna Hutchings July 26, 2022

We have a limited number of boards and are unable to close ones that are no longer relevant as they have been set up by a former member of staff. Is there a simple solution to this problem? 

1 answer

0 votes
Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

@Rosanna Hutchings thanks for your question. If these boards are in a paid Workspace (Standard, Premium, Enterprise), then any Workspace administrator should be able to view and close these boards. Unfortunately this administrative functionality is not available in free Workspaces. If you are using a free Workspace, I recommend starting a Premium free trial and then closing all the boards you want to close. If you don't plan to continue on a paid plan, your Workspace will go back to free after the trial.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Thanks!

Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

I also should have led with: The best first step is an attempt to contact the person first to ask them to close the board, or otherwise gain access to their Trello via their email with the help of an IT admin at your company if that is a possibility. But I assume you may be past that point. 

Rosanna Hutchings July 27, 2022

Thank you - a premium free trial did the trick!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events