How to become a known application

krysalead March 24, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to build some CICD integration with Trello, mainly moving cards in list when the PR is created, the build is done, the load is done...

Modifying a card requires some special permissions but I can see that the token I am creating is assigned to an unknown application which has not the permissions. This is due to the DEV_KEY I am using which is my personal dev key maybe? How can I bypass this restriction and become a known application (as I am building an app for me, so well known) or is there another way to grand permission?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
krysalead March 27, 2021

Hi,

I finally found the right url to use to create a valid token with write permission

https://trello.com/1/connect?key=yourkey&name=your_board_name&expiration=never&response_type=token&scope=read,write

Replace youkey with your devkey and your_board_name with the name of your board. Then you can autorise and voila you have a token that can move card!

0 votes
krysalead March 26, 2021

Please if my question is not clear, let me know I will rephrase, but I haven't found any hint googling. Is there a certification to pass, a plan to move to...

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

@krysalead

I will speak from my development experience. You will need to get your api key and token and set on a client or where it is required a Trello API. 
Trello app would generally be a Power Up and there is a place to register that. 

krysalead March 25, 2021

Thanks for your answer the problem is the generated token which has rights restriction. I have the dev key and application token. But the token is associated to what Trello call an Unknown Application which is not granted to modify cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events