It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to automatic enable butler rules (business plan)?

So, heres my situation:

we have the business plan and butler power up.

In order to try to reduce at minimum the manual operation, I decided to creare a "template" board, with already some standard list for project, and butler rules enabled.
When one of my team want to start a new project, he can simply click on "copy board", choose a name and immediatly he has a new board to start working on it.

The point is, all the butler rules/logic are ALL not enabled, and he has to remember to eneable all the relevant rules.

So, is there a way i can tell butler to automatic enable some specific rules (maybe just the ones with tag like @#project) any time i create a new board?

Thanks in advance for the help
Michele

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 22, 2019

@Michele Fiocco I have verified this issue, unfortunately even though you can access plugin data for a given card from the API, you can't access settings for the powerup itself so it doesn't appear there's any way to automate enabling of Butler commands after copying a board.

I used to do this with the Butler Bot which had the ability to convert a card to a command, so you could copy the board with a command template list and convert each card to a command to have it start working, but the same capability doesn't exist in the power up.

It does seem like a no brainer default though, you should email support@trello.com and ask them to update this.

If all else fails you can implement the same functionality in Trellinator and use a global command group to automatically install behaviour on boards you create:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Hi Iain, I am wondering, with your experience, if this is still the case a year later? I am just getting into using Trello and Butler and have come across a similar situation. I would like to be able to enable a command on multiple boards all at once, but as it is it seems like I have to go into each board individually to enable a command...

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 05, 2020

@Sergio_Petrillo no change as far as I'm aware

1 vote
Answer accepted

Thanks for your help Iain.

It's a shame there's no "quick" solution though :(

I honestly don't know about "Trellinator", I'll check it out, thanks

Michele

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,613 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you