Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate "trello reminders"?

Ian Loureiro do Carmo July 4, 2023

I'm creating a lot of routine task every day and changing their due dates by Automation. But, I'm not getting notifications, unless I manually check card by card.

How to automate "trello reminders"? Using Buttler Automation or something else. I really want to be notified (even and mainly in mobile).

1 answer

1 vote
Markus Fredén
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2023

Hi @Ian Loureiro do Carmo ,

To automate Trello reminders and receive notifications, you can use Trello Automation (formerly known as Butler).

1. Once Trello Automation is installed, you can create custom commands to automate your tasks. Start with "Create a new command."
  2. Define the trigger: Choose a trigger for your automation. For example, you can set it to trigger when a card is moved to a specific list or when a due date is changed.
  3. Add an action: After defining the trigger, you need to specify the action you want to automate. In this case, you want to add a reminder to the card and receive a notification. You can do this by adding the following action:
    • Add the "Due" command to set a specific due date and time for the card.
    • Add the "Notify" command to send a notification to yourself. You can include any necessary details or instructions in the notification message.
  4. Save and enable the command: Once you've defined the trigger and added the actions, save the command. Make sure to enable the command so that it starts running automatically.

By following these steps, you can automate Trello reminders using Trello Automation. You should be able to receive notifications on your mobile device as well, as long as you have notifications enabled for the Trello app on your phone.

/Markus

Jane Sisley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2023

Many thanks for this. Can I do this just for me on a board, not sending the notification/reminder to all watchers of the board as only I need the reminder for account management purposes.

Like Ian Loureiro do Carmo likes this
Ian Loureiro do Carmo July 4, 2023

Thanks for the answer, but where can I find the "Notify" command? I already use the Automation, but I'm not finding this command. I just see the email notification command, but not those mobile notifications.

What I'm trying to do is (it's kind of working):

1- Create a new member using a new email.
2- Create a new due date rule using Automation to comment 5 minutes before due, using @ card to send the notification to everyone in the card, except me.

But this is nonsense, because I need to create more emails by each Board I have.

Again, can you help me to find this "notify" option? Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events