And that's it. 

How can we achieve this?

Thanks,
–Gigi

1 answer

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2021

Hey @Gigi 

there's not really a 'wait' functionality, but we do something similar to this, where we make a new list every month, and automatically archive old lists. I wrote up how to do this here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Automating-cleanup-A-way-to-use-Butler-to-keep-your-board-tidy/ba-p/1685337

Felix

Gigi August 10, 2021

Hi @Felix 

Thank you! We are giving this a try. It looks promising!

Gigi September 1, 2021

I tried this; it didn't work. I got this message this morning:

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 9.38.35 AM.png

Can you help me figure out what went wrong?

Thank you.

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2021

If you click through that notification, it should take you to the Butler command log, and tell you why the rule failed to run successfully.

My first guess would be that Butler could not find a list named (exactly) "Complete 2021-08" to archive, or a list named "Complete" to rename.

Like Gigi likes this
Gigi September 1, 2021

You are correct! The instructions didn't indicate we needed a list that has the date in it to start out. I will try it again real quick with the renamed Complete list (Complete 2021-08), and let you know.

Gigi September 1, 2021

How do I run the Butler command with the press of a button? 

Gigi September 1, 2021

Hi @Felix –

Thanks again for your reply. I found the little rocketship. Now, this Butler command is giving me this error:

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 10.04.43 AM.png

What does this mean; do we need two complete columns, one dated and the other non-dated? Maybe I have these steps out of order?

Should "Create a new list named Complete" be before "Rename list 'Complete' to 'Complete {date-1d~YYYY-MM}'"? I followed the instructions regarding step placement.

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 10.08.30 AM.png

Thank you.

–Gigi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events