Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Allow Guests/Team-members to see only those cards that they are a member of (assigned to them

Thomas Adams April 29, 2018

I have a Trello board with multiple lists and tasks each designated to outside contractors. I don't want to setup multiple boards for each because the project is not too big and to avoid overwhelm.

I want to invite members and guests but want them to only see those cards which they are a member of.

How?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Pitcher July 16, 2021

Has this changed in the last 3 years? It would be incredibly helpful!

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

Hi Thomas

At this time, anyone who is a member of the board will be able to view and edit all of the lists or cards on the board. Any observers on the board will be able to view all of the lists or cards on the board.

So, you'll need to have separate boards if you need privacy

Thomas Adams April 30, 2018

Thank you Matthew.

This is slightly detract-topic: I have a board which has a guest. But this guest can change the due date.

I read that guests (observers) can't edit cards.. is changing due dates not established to be a editing cards act?

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

They may be able to make adjustments, but the changes shouldn't be saved. So when they make changes, they should not show on other people's side and if they refresh, the changes should revert.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events