Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add Due Date to the Tasks and how to follow up this Due Date?

Munish Kumar April 22, 2018

I am using Trello to manage a large program. I have multiple tasks that have an individual card created with a specified due date. However there are intermediate actions (sub-tasks) on that card that need to be followed up. For e.g. if my design has to be completed in 2 months from now, and it has 3 sub-tasks; I need to follow up on these sub-tasks in between before the due date. One approach is to create individual cards for each sub - tasks with their due date, and put these sub-tasks cards in checklist. However since this is a large program, it will end up cluttering my board. I was hoping to find a mechanism, approach to put intermediate followups on the card. Would appreciate any help/pointers on that. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

Every card can only have a single due date. You can add additional dates to a card using the custom fields Power-Up. Would that be of help?

Another option for the subtasks mentioned might be to use checklists and link to other cards in the checklist item. The link to the other card will be nicely formatted and that card can have additional information or due dates. To not clutter up the original board these cards could also live on a different board.

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events