Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How move a card on a tactile screen of a PC Desktop without the mouse but the finger (or stilet)

jl_FLY June 17, 2020

when you use a smartphone, it's easy to touch the screen and move a card (if you put your finger in the center of the card). But if you want to do the same on a tactile screen on a PC, it doesn't work. even if you touch in the center, you can only open the card...

It works well and it's easy with a mouse, you clic, and you drag & drop the card, but if you want to do the same thing, directly on the tactile screen of the computer : no solution... 

does any one has a solution ?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

@jl_FLY it will be possible but it just depends on how the tactile screen implements dragging of items. This isn't really a Trello feature, but a feature of the tactile screen's implementation as a pointing device.

jl_FLY June 17, 2020

thank you for your answer. but as it works on a smart phone what ever the screen is and brand , may be a specific developmment from trello could solve the problem ? HAve you already noticed that on a PC with tactile screen ? 

in fact I don't know how to solve this on a PC tablet using windows 10...

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2020

@jl_FLY the difference is that on iOS and Android it's running a native app, not a web app. I'm pretty sure the drag and drop doesn't work in the web application on mobile web browsers. If you're using a Windows 10 tablet PC, then you're using a standard web application but you're using a touch screen as a pointing device. You might find some settings that will change how dragging works, but this isn't something that Trello needs to fix, it's probably just a configuration issue, but I'm afraid I can't help because I don't have any experience with the platform you're using.

jl_FLY June 20, 2020

Thank you for this answer. But I’ m not using the web application but the downloaded Trello application on the pc. On that application you should/ could do some thing to solve this, it would be really great for pc users with a tactile screen !!

thanks a lot 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2020

@jl_FLY okay well if you think that there's a bug with this rather than a problem with how you have the surface configured, then I'd go back to trello.com/contact, go through the various automated steps and send Trello an email with your OS version and make sure they know you're using the windows desktop app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events