Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many workspaces can we have in the free version?

Anne Louvau January 17, 2022

Is there a limit to the number of workspaces we can have in the free version of trello? 

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Anne Louvau ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! All Trello users have the ability to create an unlimited number of workspaces for free, however on the free plan each workspace is limited to 10 boards before a new workspace needs to be created. 

Please keep in mind... if you are likely to consider upgrading at some point, I'd also keep in mind that subscriptions are per workspace not per account so it's much easier (and more cost-effective) to upgrade a single Workspace to Premium than to have to upgrade multiple Workspaces.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Gabriel Szymanis January 18, 2022

Hi Laura,
But if I have 3 workspaces, do I have to pay 3 subscriptions? it doesn't seem very cheap to me.

For example, if I want to upgrade 3 workspaces to premium and then add the same 3 users to all workspaces, do I have to pay 9 premium licenses?

If, on the other hand, I move a user from one workspace to another without working on two at the same time, do I pay a single license?

Thanks for your support

Like • Ricardo Pina likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Gabriel Szymanis ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community too! There's considerations to be had with Workspaces - bare in mind that it's built to remain free for individual users but as you move in to a team or organisational role it's likely the features of a paid plan suit your needs better.

For example, on a paid plan one Workspace can have unlimited boards meaning there's no need for more Workspaces. Trello also advise to keep this in mind when setting up multiple Workspaces, a Workspace should really focus on an organisational set up rather than a team because otherwise you may be looking at multiple workspaces with multiple users and that's when it becomes more costly.

Also, remember you can move boards into a paid Workspace so you can condense it all into one Workspace if the need ever arose. 

To do your final point you would have to remember to keep removing that user from the board as the cost comes from any guest who's attached to two or more boards or is a user in the Workspace.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Like • Gabriel Szymanis likes this
Gabriel Szymanis January 19, 2022

Thanks for your advices. 💪

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2022

Very happy I could help Gabriel 😊

Ricardo Pina June 17, 2022

@Gabriel Szymanis Did you ever find a solution it seems have a similar situation.  My business consists of only 3 people, and we work with different merchants so it would make things much more organized to have different workspaces for each of our clients.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events