Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does business class work when non business class users are invited to a board?

Christian Magill July 2, 2017

Are there limitations when you invite non-business class users to join a board which you have integrated power ups on?

Does this limit the content they see?

When I work with contractors and clients I'd like to invite them to my boards, but don't want the requirement that they purchase an account for the engagement.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2017

Hi Christian

When you have a team, and everyone is on that team, you get a lot of benefits in regards to board creation. I can make a new "Support: whatever" board for any new thing I want, and don't have to add 6 email addresses as outsiders just to save some money. I can add the whole team in a matter of seconds.  Team members get automatic visibility to all team boards, not only the ones they're invited to.  Also, for Business Class, it's to companies' best interest to use a team, for better admin control, like the ability to deactivate members when they leave the company, things like that.

That being said, a non team member will show on the board as such, but they will still have the same capabilites as a team member.  So if you're okay with the manual work of inviting those individual non team members, and removing them manually when the time comes, then it's a fine workaround than having to add them to your team at a cost.  Their content will not be limited, and they will be able to work as normal.  

If you're wanting them to just be able to view the board, you can add them as an observer and they won't have any edit capabilities except commenting and voting (if you turn those on).

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events