Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does an existing Trello user link to my Trello account?

Deborah Olive June 12, 2020

I'm a business and leadership coach who uses Trello to organize client projects. It's a seamless project for a client who doesn't use Trello to link to my board. What process do you recommend for a client who already uses Trello?

In this case, he's asked to open a new Trello account. 

He prefers to have my board on one screen with his other board.

What's a simple way to achieve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2020

@Deborah Olive If you've made a board public for one of your clients, then it's going to be indexed by search engines... ie. public is "really" public.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying though -- if you have a client that already uses Trello, the process of sharing a board with them would be simpler than if they did not already use Trello.

Deborah Olive June 14, 2020

Thanks for your reply.

I invited my client to view a new board that I set up through Trello. This triggered an email from Trello - which provided access to the new board - through the email - and an invitation to join Trello.

However, he already uses Trello. He can see the new board alongside his existing boards - but only through the email invitation.

When he logs in through his Trello account, he sees his existing boards, but not the board I invited him to share.

How does he link the board I set up for him so he can view it through his existing Trello account?

Note: I've been using Trello about 4 months, and this  is the first time I invited someone to share a board who already has a Trello account.

Note: I don't understand your reference to a public board. It's only to be seen by the two of us.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2020

@Deborah Olive If you invite someone to a board (the links provided by @Soumyadeep Mandal go through how to do this) then he will be able to see the board you added him to, as well as any other boards he is a member of.

When you invite someone to a board, regardless of whether they're already a member, it will trigger a notification via email.

I still don't really understand the issue, whether someone is an existing Trello member or not, they will receive an email, the email will have a link to the board in it, and they will be able to see the board alongside any other boards they are already a member of.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2020

Hi @Deborah Olive ,

Welcome to the community!

Please visit the below links and read carefully!

https://help.trello.com/article/717-adding-people-to-a-board

https://help.trello.com/article/1024-invite-people-by-using-a-shareable-link

https://help.trello.com/article/715-inviting-people-to-an-organization

I hope after reading the above documents your problem will be solved!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events