• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How does an existing Trello user link to my Trello account?

I'm a business and leadership coach who uses Trello to organize client projects. It's a seamless project for a client who doesn't use Trello to link to my board. What process do you recommend for a client who already uses Trello?

In this case, he's asked to open a new Trello account. 

He prefers to have my board on one screen with his other board.

What's a simple way to achieve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 14, 2020

@Deborah Olive If you've made a board public for one of your clients, then it's going to be indexed by search engines... ie. public is "really" public.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying though -- if you have a client that already uses Trello, the process of sharing a board with them would be simpler than if they did not already use Trello.

Thanks for your reply.

I invited my client to view a new board that I set up through Trello. This triggered an email from Trello - which provided access to the new board - through the email - and an invitation to join Trello.

However, he already uses Trello. He can see the new board alongside his existing boards - but only through the email invitation.

When he logs in through his Trello account, he sees his existing boards, but not the board I invited him to share.

How does he link the board I set up for him so he can view it through his existing Trello account?

Note: I've been using Trello about 4 months, and this  is the first time I invited someone to share a board who already has a Trello account.

Note: I don't understand your reference to a public board. It's only to be seen by the two of us.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 14, 2020

@Deborah Olive If you invite someone to a board (the links provided by @Soumyadeep Mandal go through how to do this) then he will be able to see the board you added him to, as well as any other boards he is a member of.

When you invite someone to a board, regardless of whether they're already a member, it will trigger a notification via email.

I still don't really understand the issue, whether someone is an existing Trello member or not, they will receive an email, the email will have a link to the board in it, and they will be able to see the board alongside any other boards they are already a member of.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

817 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you