Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you share a Trello Board without giving editing access- without making it Public?

Gareth Davies July 24, 2020

Hi,

I am struggling how best to share published Trello Boards- that I  do not want to be edited- without having to make them "Public".

Any help on this is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Gareth

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2020

You could add them all as Observers? A list of what they can/cannot do is at the top of that link.

The limitation is that you can only ever grant observer status to a person for one board, as adding someone to two boards as an observer immediately upgrades them to a Business Class license. Not sure if that'd be a problem for your use-case or not.

0 votes
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2020

Hi Gareth,

Can you give me some details about your use case? I am trying to figure out of Hipporello powerup is suitable for you.

Gareth Davies July 26, 2020

Hello Mustafa,

Thank you for your response.

I am an Academic Chair and wish to use a Trello Board to present a Program Map to my staff that they can view, but cannot edit.

The Board is ideal because each Card represents a course- with all of the learning outcomes and connections between courses depicted on each Card.

I cannot make this Board public.

I have a Business Class license for a select few in my organization.

I do not have the budget to pay for a Business Class licenses for everyone in my organization.

I wish to share specific Boards (like the one described above) with the entire organization that can only be edited by designated individuals.

I cannot figure out why the only obvious way to do this is to make the Board "Public"...

Thanks,

Gareth

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events