Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you guys keep your Trello boards organized?

Michaela Staffova November 2, 2021

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a great beginning of November!

So I love Trello, I really do. I am a very visual person and moving my tasks around between lists is super important for me.

I've been using Trello for like a year now maybe and daaamn I am getting lost in the clutter of my cards like

• 'To Read' (+ a million links to various articles and blog posts related to my job)
  • 'Ideas' (+ another million links to various kinds of things)
  • 'Check out' (+ - you guessed it - yet another million of links)

Is anyone struggling with something similar? How do you manage items that are notes rather than actual tasks? Is Confluence the answer?

Pretty much just trying to see if I'm the only one who - despite trying so hard to be organized - still hasn't found the right system to keep their tasks neat 😅

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2021

How are you currently laying out your lists? Do you keep everything in one board? Potentially having a seperate board to keep notes/ideas could be the way to go. That way, you have one board that's just dedicated to tasks. My personal to do board is layed out with lists "Today", "This week", "Next week", etc. At the end of each day, or start of the next day, I'll move the top 3 tasks I want to prioritize for that day by moving them into the "Today" list and just focus on that list each day in order of most important.

Michaela Staffova November 3, 2021

Oh wow @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows , having a separate board for notes never even occurred to me 😅  What a simple yet excellent idea!

Judging from what you're saying, our Trello layouts are pretty similar, haha. I have a list for 'Today', 'Next Week', 'Next Two Weeks' and 'Next Month'. I then have a bunch of lists dedicated to notes, ideas, and random links. To get to them, though, I have to 'scroll' to the right. And that's precisely the reason why I tend to forget about them 🤦‍♀️

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Got it! Yeah, keeping everything in one board can become a bit overwhelming. Potentially keeping non-action items like notes in a seperate board could help. You could even link back to the notes board in your main board by adding a board card in there so you're able to easily navigate to your notes 😊

Like Michaela Staffova likes this
Michaela Staffova November 4, 2021

You, m'lady, have some excellent ideas. Thanks for sharing your wisdom! 🙏🥰

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2021

Haha you're welcome!! 😄

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2021

Hey @Michaela Staffova 

I made a video about this recently, hopefully it helps 😃 

How to organise Trello.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdM6ylMZqHo

Let me know if you have any questions!

Dan

Michaela Staffova November 3, 2021

Hey @Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ 👋

It's eery that the title of the video is exactly the same as my question, haha. I'll definitely check it out, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to getting inspired! 

Like Dan Ivory likes this
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 4, 2021

@Michaela Staffova haha that's what I was thinking too! Hope it helps :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events