How do you create levels in big picture in Trello?

MK March 12, 2021

I want to be able to create sub tasks to a parent task on Trello using Big Picture. However, the way it is displayed in my Gantt Chart is not the same as what I am seeing in tutorials. So far my Gantt Chart looks like the image below:

ping.PNG

I would like to have my Gantt Chart look similar to this image below where the subtasks are visible and the grey bar represents the highest level and there are subtasks associated with it: 

grey.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 15, 2021

Hello @MK 

Taking a look at your screenshot, it appears that the reason why there is no parent-child indication on your Gantt timeline in BigPicture in Trello is caused by the lack of task hierarchy created. In order to be able to see this relation, a task should be indented under parent task. You can actually achieve it in 2 different ways:

- by using the Indent/Outdent buttons  in BigPicture

- by manually drag&dropping the tasks on the list

Please kindly refer to the below screenshot, showing both of the mentioned options.

trello_indent.png

I hope this helps with resolving your problem!

Best regards,

Adam

MK March 15, 2021

Thank you Adam! Your response was very helpful. Is there also a way to add a card on the Gantt Chart in BigPicture to create a parent card without having to add another card on the Trello board?

Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2021

You are very welcome! I am happy that you found my answer useful :)

As for the other question, I am afraid that the answer is no - currently, in order to be able to view and organize the cards in the BigPicture, those must be created on the Trello board beforehand. However, we do have plans for improvements for the BigPicture on Trello, so I believe that one day it will be possible to create a card directly in BigPicture. Please take a look at our roadmap by following the link below. Eventually, those items will be introduced in our product on Trello:

BigPicture Roadmap 2021 

Best regards,

Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events