Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use trello in a manufacturing firm?

Jonathan D'Souza July 20, 2017

Hey there! I need a little help. I'm trying to get my company to start using trello but I can't figure out how to make it work for us so I'm just going to explain what I need. Basically, everytime we get a new job order, we get anything from 1-10 line items in it. We get confirmation to do different line items on different days. We have different departments that the product has to move through- from job creation in sales to design to machine programming to actual production. Is there any way I can make a board to track these different line items as it moves through the various stages? As in, I move just one line item from a certain project at a time from one stage to the next.
I want my boss to be able to clearly see how many line items from a certain job are pending, what is in a certain stage at the current time and what has been completed. 

I hope I explained this clearly enough. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2018

Hi Jonathan,

I've written a blog post on this topic involving the Screenful Power-Up (which I'm one of the developers). I hope you find it relevant. 

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2017

Hey Jonathan

Here's a mock up board that I came up with.  I added a list for the job name, and added 10 cards, 1 for each item for the job.  Inside each card (2 in this example), I added a checklist with 3 items..

• Job Creation-Sales
  • Design
  • Completed  

I also added a due date for the item itself. 

On the front of the card with the checklist, you can see that 0/3 checklist items are complete (see 1st card for reference).  If you check off 1, it will show 1/3 complete (see 2nd card for reference)

Would something like this help?  Thoughts around it?

Stuart Wood October 2, 2018

Hi.

I could use something similar to this for my small manufacturing business. Would you be able to open up the Mock up Board so I can take a look.

Thanks for your help.

Stuart Wood

nicola borrelli January 20, 2019

Hi, can you please share the board with me too? I'd like to have a look because i'm thinking to introduce trello for engineering manufacturing.

Thanks a lot!

Chris_Cartland February 27, 2020

Good Morning!

I would also greatly like to see this board as I am in a small manufacturing company that is starting to use Trello more and more.  This could be a great way for us to stay organized through all the stages.

Thanks!!

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events