Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off the automatic "watch" function in Trello?

Katherine Nicole Ball April 15, 2019

Hi there. I've been using Trello as a personal homework organizer for a few years now, and it's been great by the way! 

However, within the past few days, it has begun automatically "watching" every card I put a due date on (which is all of them, it's homework!) and setting a reminder inside the due date tab. I want due dates on everything because its simply understood at a glance - I don't want the reminders or the "watch" feature though. I check Trello every day, I don't need notifications on top of that. I reserve that for really far off due dates that I'm likely to forget. There is no option that I've found to disable this automatic reminder/watch system though. In fact, the due date tab doesn't even have a drop down option for "no notification." Does anyone know why they implemented this for everyone, and how to turn it off? 

I know it's just another click to turn off "watch," but I used to not have to worry about it at all. This stuff is supposed to reduce clicks, but it's doing the opposite for me because it's not what I want.

Thanks guys.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

@Katherine Nicole Ball You can't turn this off :( But be sure to email support@trello.com and let them know that you dislike this feature, because they're listening, and they will roll this back if enough people complain!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events