Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I take an item from a checklist and convert it to an individual card?

Basically I use a card in my INBOX list to dump all my tasks. I use a checklist within the card to note all the tasks as I need to.  Can I create individual cards from these items either one at a time or a bunch at a time?

Thanks!

Sam

1 answer

1 vote
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 09, 2021

Yes! If you click the dots in the upper right corner of the checklist, you'll see an option to convert to card. It adds the card to the same list the card with the checklist is in!

create-card.gif

That's great! Is there any way to batch process rather than one at a time that you know of ? I have lists that are 80 items long lol. Thank you!!!

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 10, 2021

@Samantha Lavin Yes! I wasn't sure how at first but i played around with it and figured it out with Butler. 

Go to automation, and select "create a card button", and use this logic.

image.png

It worked for me, so I think that works! And then you can use the Bulk Actions power-up if you need to select all of those cards and add due dates or labels or anything to them!

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks! That is fantastic much appreciated..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,406 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you