Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show the board name for every card in Table and Calendar view?

Vincent De Mello March 14, 2022

I am using the premium version of Trello. When I view cards in Table or Calendar view, I can see the card names and the colour coding relating to the boards.

Is there anyway to show the board name within each card? I can't see it in settings. Does anyone know of a Power Up that does this?

2 answers

0 votes
Simon Stafferton July 14, 2023

I am baffled as to why the board name is not a default field for this view.... it woudl be so so helpful, its one of few multi-board views but you then have to do a work around to see board names? Still baffled.... please implement this Trello, it can not be hard to do.

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

Hi @Vincent De Mello ! Welcome to the community :) It looks like it's not currently possible to show the board name or customize what fields are shown in the workspace calendar/timeline view, you only see it by hovering over the colored bar like so:

calendar view card.PNG

If you wanted, you could reach out to Trello directly to request this feature. I agree it would be great to customize what you see on the card, so you can choose to display things like custom fields, list names, checklists, etc.

In the meantime, I can offer some workarounds!

1. Labels are shown on cards in the workspace calendar/table view, so you could label the card with the board name so it appears like this:

label calendar view.PNG
To make things easier, you can create a butler rule to auto-apply the label to newly created cards (e.g. when a card is added to the board, add the black {boardname} label) and apply this rule to all necessary boards. 

Not the most ideal option, especially if you're looking to limit your label use.

2. Use a power-up like Planyway. Planyway offers a lot more customization around what fields are shown on the cards. You can view many boards in a calendar view, but there is no table view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events