Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove boards when the admin no longer works with us?

Deleted user April 5, 2020

I have recently reactivated our Free Team Boards, but can't delete boards created by a former employee. How do I solve this?

1 answer

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2020

Hello Christian,

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

To delete a board you need to click the search icon on the left sidebar and then click "View all boards". In the board list, you can click on the menu button (3 dots) corresponding to your board. There's a delete button.

Please give a try and let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Carlos

Chelsea Johnson January 5, 2021

Hi Carlos,

I am having the same issue: trying to delete a board that only has a former employee as the admin. I tried your recommendation, but I only have a Leave Board option, no Close Board. We have the free Trello version.

Appreciate your help!

Chelsea

Like Rachel Handy likes this
Scott Kindred January 16, 2021

@carlosughini I am having the same issue as Chelsea and Christian: Cannot delete a board that was created by an admin that no longer works with us. Screenshot attached.

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 5.34.57 PM.png

Like Rachel Handy likes this
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Scott Kindred ,

Were you able to delete the board? Apparently, you are not a board admin.

Could you please click on your avatar (as you showed with the arrow) and set yourself as the board admin?

If you have any questions about it, Trello has public documentation about changing user permission:

After setting you as an admin, you can access the same menu on the right side and you will see an option to 'Close Board...'. 

Then, you will be prompt to completely delete the board.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Carlos

Rachel Handy June 2, 2021

Hello,

I'm also having the same issue. A former employee created a board (and therefore is the Admin of that board), so no other users can delete the board. I clicked on our avatars, and the option to change permissions is grayed out, so I cannot make myself or anyone else an Admin. Any suggestions? Just want to delete this board!

Thank you,

Rachel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events