Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove boards from a team when "none" is not given as an option?

Maloma November 22, 2020

I set up Boards as a team but then when I copied templates from elsewhere, they were automatically assigned to that team.  I've tried to remove them from the team, using the "Change Team" option but no other option is given (i.e., no "none" as the tutorial suggests there should be) but the name of the team.  How do I remove boards from a team when "non" is not given as an option?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2020

The way to create what used to be called a Personal board is to set the visibility to Private. You can’t create boards outside of a team/workspace. 

https://help.trello.com/article/1241-why-cant-i-create-a-board-outside-of-a-team-anymore

Maloma November 23, 2020

Thanks.

Did this just change--that you can't have unlimited personal boards on the free version?

I still have "personal" boards (labeled as such on Trello) but every template I try to copy over to personal, automatically goes to a Team.

M <><.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Maloma November 24, 2020

Thanks for the link explaining the change.

M <><.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Hi @Maloma ,

Welcome to the community!

You can create your own team where you will be the admin and the only person who exists in that team then move the board from the existing team to your own team!

Maloma November 23, 2020

Thanks but with the free version, you are only allowed 10 boards for a "Team".  I would like to move my "team" board to "personal".  When I copied boards from someone else, it automatically went to the team, instead of personal, which limits me to 10 boards...

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events