How do I notify team members that I created a card?

Joanna Turska September 24, 2018

I know that I can add members to my cards and they can see those cards in their profile but is there a way to notify them that they have been added to a card? 

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

If you add a member to a card after creating it, the user will receive a notification that the user has been added to the card: https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Joanna Turska September 26, 2018

Yes, thank you, I know tagging works for notifying members they've been added to a card. 

What I'm trying to confirm is whether members who joined a board and don't watch it will be automatically notified when a card is created in it?

I've created a test account yesterday to check this and the only notifications I got were for:

- boards I 'watch' (that a card has been created there)

- cards I 'watch' or ones I'm tagged in

I did not get any notifications about cards being created in boards I 'joined'. Also, no notifications about lists being added.

So in summary - do you have to 'watch' a board to be notified about what's happening there without being tagged?

If that's the case, could you explain the purpose of 'joining' a board please? Are you not able to 'watch' without joining first? 

Sorry for the lengthy message and thank you!

Erol Yıldız October 31, 2021

I have the same question, did you get any answers yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events