It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I make Trello work on Android Wear for 'take a note' Edited

First a little history: You name the note-taker, I have used it. Every one of them. OneNote seemed to be the only winner but the constant asking to login threw me off.  That and the fact that they made their app really crappy now that I had to depend on the browser version for sanity. 

Then came along this guy at work asking me if I would like to use Trello for onboarding. I said sure I will try it (I am an old user of Trello then I stopped using it (twice) due to lack of Wear support)

When I saw how cool it was I told him that and he immediately arranged a presentation for top guys in other teams to do the same.

Then I saw the value of doing the same thing for my notes and now it looks more organized than it did with OneNote.

Enough with the ramble, sorry, and can some mod let me know if there isn't already a posting by someone on onboarding use (like the Fountain Pen lady) and I will post a story on it.

Ever since I had installed it I blindly assumed it will be the default 'Take a note' app on Wear but it was not. In fact I dont even see it on Wear.

So whats the deal with this blogger posting this utterly false post that it works on wear

and this post that says it doesnt

where support says its not a damn priority for us.

Back to Keep.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 22, 2019

@kookoo Trello removed their watch app altogether, but it was pretty lame anyway so I can see why they did. I take notes on my watch (and phone) by sending a txt to an IFTTT SMS channel which then creates a card in Trello.

"Hey Siri text Riff Raff saying blah blah blah" is pretty quick and easy.

Riff Raff is the name of the contact I saved my IFTTT number under -- just something Siri won't find hard to understand. This should work equally well with Google Voice Assistant.

I also use hashtags to put cards into different lists, eg. I use #Reminder, #Shopping (if I say "hashtag" Siri recognises it ... I'm sure Google does the same thing)

Hi Iain, thanks for the idea; I am trying it out now.

I dont understand why Trello has to give SMS Iffft app access across the boards to entire trell account. If all it is is a one-way thing for taking notes, why give access to all ?? Whats the point of encrypted while at rest if everything is being exposed to a 3rd party app ?? This is worse than android letting apps chose what they want to access and not allowing us to restrict what we feel is not needed, IMO. This is like the silly android all-or-nothing for apps that need even unnecessary permissions.

You better check your security - it redirects all your trello cards to a non-secure, non-existent 'website' - when you first connect, you can see "https://shimmy.ifttt.com/"

Let me know if I am wrong about my apprehension on this.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Oct 11, 2019

@kookoo firstly the Trello API doesn't have permissions on a per board basis, only read/write/both, so there's no way for IFTTT to create a token that has access to only some boards.

If you want to limit access to only a couple of boards, just create a new Trello account (if you're a Gmail user, I suggest create an alias like iaindooley+ifttt@gmail.com) and then use that user to create your IFTTT Trello connection, and add it only to the boards you want to use your IFTTT commands with.

Secondly, the URL you referenced runs SSL on a certificate signed by GoDaddy, the reason it doesn't display anything when you visit it directly is because it's used as an interim step during the authentication process and won't have anything to display when you hit the URL without including any post or get parameters. Seems pretty normal to me :)

I use gmail disposables alla time....thanks for the response & suggestion !

I didnt get the stuff about the URL but dont care (like why would the dev post a non-working URL in his app :)

Cheers !

Can we be logged into two accounts at the same time ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,638 views 15 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you