Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I get the time and not just the date from a custom field to appear on the card?

I have created a custom field which shows the date and time inside the card but only the date shows on the front of the card.  Is there a way for the time to show too?

2 answers

@Danielle Masters 

The good news is that the time available 

<CustomFieldDate CF_Date='2021-10-30T04:34:00.000Z'>. 

It is a UTC time. The custom fields appears as an append to the badges (my guess) but Trello might have decide just to display the date only. 

Thanks for trying to help - the custom field is an appointment so we really want the time as well as the date.

Thanks @Danielle Masters  for posting.

Would you mind sharing the screen shot to specify date showing in front of card?

card front.JPGcustom fields.JPG

In the custom fields the hearing shows date and time but on the front of the card (in the list) only shows date

Thanks for sharing @Danielle Masters . I think it's the limitation with Trello. You can see similar behaviour if you set due date in a card. Hopefully, Atlassian would take this as feedback to bring the time along with date in future.

Thanks for trying to help - this custom field is an appointment so I really wanted the time there too.  Oh well, I hope you are right and they will fix this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,399 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you