Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get items assigned on a checklist to push across to the assigned members board?

Jonathon Mannion September 3, 2021

We have one card per client on the main board.

In each card will be a checklist with various tasks - the tasks on the list are assigned to different team members according to capacity and skill set.

How do I get the various assigned tasks to show up on their individual boards as "to do"?

Once they have ticked it off as done, how do I get that to reflect as done on the checklist on the card on the main board?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2021

@Jonathon Mannion 

Under cascade section you can convert checklist item to card. To move to another board you will need access to the assigned member. Looking that the Trello variable documentation it appears that this is not available.

However, if you add http request you should be able get to the assigned member. This request can return the username and lookup you can move it to the individual board.

By adding a link back to the trigger card you should be able to handle the completion.

In various forms, the above had been done for various clients. The specific implementation will have to be tailored to your boards. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2021

@Jonathon Mannion 

I wrote this some time back :

https://trello.com/c/4LY6JXav/32-set-item-assigned-and-due-on-card

It adds the assigned member as a card member. This can serve as a trigger for a lookup to move the card.

Jonathon Mannion September 5, 2021

Thank you, much appreciated. I'll have a look through this shortly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events