Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I get cards and their contents to mirror onto another board?

Wanting to set up a central trello board for my team, that collects together cards and their checklists from each project team trello board. Each of these cards would need to be mirrored and bring its checklist with it. 

I have managed to set up butler to beautifully copy cards across to the central board, but can't get it to sync the checklists from the cards, they are just attachments back to each project board. 

Am I using butler wrong or is this a paid feature only?

2 answers

@Bernie Martin 

As mentioned by @Hannah Morgan there is Unito. It is de facto recommendation for this category of use cases.

I have, however, built several of my own e.g. (1) standard 'power card' that you can selectively automate with commands for 1-way updates (2) option <1> with a add-on (3) a add-on that uses Webhooks. Obviously, these are not OTS solutions. 

More recently, have built one for a client that is need to update 900+ child cards when there are new child cards added to the board, add a new item to a checklist, delete an item and re-arrange the order of the checklist. With 900+ cards from 1 single template/parent card, using standard Trello commands was not possible. We ended up with a variant of option (2). The current status is that he now migrating the other cards onto the new board and will probably turn on the backend soon.

With almost unlimited automation, you can probably built something for yourself like option (1) + some manual maintenance. 

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Oct 29, 2021

Hi Bernie, if you're looking to build a true sync, have a look into. Unito's board sync power up. Butler allows you to copy information across boards, but you can't really achieve a true sync. With Unito, you can build a workflow that automatically syncs cards into your master board and all information is synced bidirectionally.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,392 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you