Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I email a specific list on a board?

Ryan Hernandez April 20, 2017

My board has multiple lists.  Is there a way to email a specific list on a given board? 

Thanks!

9 answers

11 votes
nbaxley March 1, 2019

Adding a vote to this, but it seems like this is a dead issue.  Seems like a great feature to fill the gap between emailing boards and emailing cards.  I think it would be fine to have something similar to adding labels.  Maybe ~ListName in the subject to place it in the correct list.

6 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2017

Hi Ryan,

Right now, there's not, but I can definitely pass that request along to the team!

Now, in your board settings, you can choose the one list that your emailed cards will be added to, or you can email specific cards, but not specific lists yet. I like this idea, though!

Ryan Hernandez April 21, 2017

Great, thanks for passing it on.  I find it easier to manage different tasks within a project as different cards in a list (which all belong to a given board, or subject).  Others may be better at managing tasks within a card, but I find it helpful to be able to re-sort cards, which cannot be done easily with items on a card.

Again, appreciate your help moving forward!

Teal Landon Rapp September 26, 2017

I just want to second this.  I am starting to email things to my Team Member's Trello Lists.  I one board per team and I have a list for each team member on their given Team's Board.  I would love to be able to email the specific Team Members List a To-Do.  

Right now I have selected at random one Team Members List on each board, so that I can email that Board and then go to Trello and move the Card to the correct List.

Thanks for looking into this.  Any movement?

Jana Carey Lombardi October 26, 2018

We third this! We have a board with to-be-filed lists and want to be able to email to a particular list within the same board.

abhishek_chakravarty February 8, 2019

We fourth this! Any update team?

We fifth this! Would be nice if it can be like tagging, ie #list_x

Greg May June 16, 2019

I enthusiastically support adding this feature! I envisioned a great set-up for an inbox board . . . that was impossible without this feature. It seems odd we can mail to a board and a card but not to a list.

Amy Vargas June 18, 2019

I Seventh this !!!

Dhanish Jose July 10, 2019

Looking for the same feature

Sebastien May 6, 2020

Same here!

Lily Cubrilo January 28, 2021

I TOTALLY want this too - I did a search on HOW to do this?? and found this thread!  PLEASE TRELLO - would be awesome!!!

Like Kate Shepard likes this
Lily Cubrilo January 28, 2021

Me three!

Ron Doyle_ IT Admin September 7, 2021

I definitely need it. 

Deleted user January 31, 2022

Any news? 

Kate Shepard September 29, 2022

I'm also looking for the feature... a few years later! It seems like a major oversight and limitation that you can email a BOARD or a CARD, but not the in between (the LIST).

4 votes
tomcat.master January 16, 2020

Adding my vote to the pile. List specific email would be awesome. Even for 2-3 lists.

4 votes
Jess Mayo January 18, 2019

This would be an amazing feature to have, I was actively searching for how to do this when I stumbled on this post.

2 votes
Glenn September 29, 2020

+1

I was looking to see if this could be done and came across this post. Either some type of flag in the email itself or a unique email address like with boards and cards to email to a specific list.

I submitted this to feature-ideas@trello.com , hopefully it will be considered

Glenn January 29, 2021

I ended up just using the Trello API and a PowerShell script. Every list has an ID so you can create new cards in any list you want.

Like Kate Shepard likes this

Thanks for any "how to" you may want to supply for this workaround. 

Glenn September 7, 2021

Hi,

Here is the API info for creating a card. The idList is where you designate which list the card goes to: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-cards/

Each list has an ID: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-cards/

For PowerShell specifically, there is a good module which has a lot of the API wrapped in cmdlets: https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/PowerTrello/1.7.23

Or if you want to just use cURL, this is what I am using in one of my scripts:

curl.exe --request POST --max-time 40 --retry 3 --retry-delay 5 --progress-bar  --url "https://api.trello.com/1/cards?$APIKEY" `

--form "idList=$LISTID" `

--form "pos=top" `

--form "name=$CARDTITLE" `

--form "fileSource=@$_;type=application/pdf"

I'm using cURL instead of Invoke-RestMethod because when attaching PDF's to cards I can't set the mime type.

I hope this helps.

Like # people like this

Many thanks! 

1 vote
Mattias Van doninck March 9, 2022

Yes, this is needed!

We now have a workaround. We have different users who configured the mail-to-board email address in the settings each for a different list. And we use the email address from the user, depending on the list where it should appear. But it's a totally lame solution, because cards will appear on the board like they were created by one user, whereas it's actually another user who used the first one's mail-to-board email address.

0 votes
Tarah Wheeler January 18, 2022

Me eleven! We could really use this feature. 

0 votes
Pierre France February 5, 2021

I'm adding my voice here, definitely need a list chooser for cards by mail feature. 

0 votes
Karla Naujokat August 12, 2019

@ (named of list) in subject of emails drops it onto a specific list on a board.  But if there is an easier way I will make my vote the 10th.  Even if this is part of the paid membership only it would be worth it!

Lily Cubrilo February 13, 2021

Karla - does that mean in the subject of the email you simply type

"@"

followed by one space 

followed by

"exact name of list" ?

Coz I just tried without the space and it didn't work - but i did have other things in the subject heading

thanking you!

Andrea Baldoni September 2, 2022

This is how I solved this problem.

I have one board with a list for each of my team members and I needed to email tasks to specific people which means specific lists.

So I created a new free workspace and there I created one board for each of my team member.

In each board I created one list with the name of the team member.

Then I added my main Trello account to all of these boards.

So now I had a different email for each of my team members.

So I created a rule that copies the cards created in the single team member board trough the email into the main board that contains all my team members in the list corresponding to the same team member.

I had to do this for every single team member but it is working greatly.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events