Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit a document posted to a card in Trello

Jason Sheper February 17, 2021

Once I add a Word file to a card, it seems the only way to edit that Word file is to delete it from the card, edit it in Word, and post it again. I want the whole team to be able to edit that document in relation time in Trello like in Google Docs

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

You can attach the file using a Cloud service like google drive or box or Dropbox. 

Or you could move your doc into Google Docs. Take the google doc URL and paste it as the title of a card and you can even edit it right inside trello. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

@Jason Sheper even Word docs are cloud ready now through Office365

Jason Sheper February 20, 2021

Thank you for replying. Could the same thing be done with Office 365 and/or OneDrive and if so, how?

Jason Sheper February 20, 2021

OK I just saw Iain's reply now. Thank you both! Iain, is there some setting to be done to the word doc before posting it to Trello that makes it editable for other Office 365 users?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2021

@Jason Sheper the sharing settings in Office will be separate from any permission to see and click on the link from within Trello. I've done automations for some of my clients to automatically share documents via the API in Google Drive when a document link is attached to the card, something similar could be done using the Office/OneDrive API.

I do these types of automations using the Trellinator framework I created:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events