Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a public board I'm not the owner/admin of?

teamvanessamarin August 19, 2020

Can someone please tell me how to delete a public template from Trello?🙏🏼

It’s not my board. I downloaded it from a free opt-in. The only options I'm given are in the screenshot belowScreen Shot 2020-08-19 at 1.17.23 PM.png

3 answers

0 votes
Benny August 21, 2023

I have the same issue - this feature is so annoying! In all of my workspaces there is a "Project Management" board that I cannot delete. It ruins the experience, as there are boards I didn't create mixed in with my boards.

The "Recent Boards" thing is not a solution, because every time I re-visit the site there it is at Position 0 again.

We need the option to delete unwanted boards that we did not create.

It is so ridiculous that Trello thinks users want them creating boards for us that we cannot delete. Get rid of it.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

@teamvanessamarin if you're not a member of the board, the only reason you're still seeing it is because it's in your "recent boards". Eventually it won't be :)

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2020

Hi @teamvanessamarin ,

Welcome to the community!

Basically you can not delete any board you are not an admin/owner of. But you can leave the board.

Benny August 21, 2023

You can't leave, it always shows up on your home page under "Recently Viewed". Even if you view other boards, it shows back up later.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events