How do I delete Trello templated boards?

Amber Panay April 3, 2019

I downloaded multiple Trello templates from a newsletter. These boards cannot be deleted because I didn't create them.
I now cannot add any new boards (over the limit of 10).

I tried closing them and archiving but they still impact my ability to add any boards (it shows as blocked when I attempt to open).

2 answers

0 votes
Benny August 21, 2023

I have the same issue. Trello automatically creates boards for you and there's no way to delete it.

Screenshot from 2023-08-20 21-51-54.pngIn all my workspaces, this "Project Management" template appears with all my boards. It's incredibly frustrating as I did not create the board, and there is no option to delete it.

Trello should re-consider this as a feature. I cannot imagine any scenario where I want Trello to create boards in my workspaces, without my permission, and then not give me the ability to delete it.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

@Amber Panay the only limit on board creation is for boards in a team. you can have as many personal boards as you like, so just remove them from any team.

Even if you are up to the 10 board limit in a team, you can still create as many personal boards as you like.

Amber Panay April 4, 2019

All my boards are currently personal boards .. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events