Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delegate tasks arriving as Gmail attachments to my team in Trello?

Deva C August 10, 2017
I receive work in the form of jpegs or pdfs artwork attached to an email that my clients need digitized. I outsource my work to a team of freelance subcontractors off-site.

Both my clients and subcontractors use Gmail and won't switch to Trello even after I threatened to stop working with them.

I wish I could set up a system whereby: - 

1. Save the new orders arriving as Gmail attachments from a particular sender to a 'New Order' folder on Google Drive.
  2. Create a new card on Trello with this 'New Order' attached and send out a notification to the subcontractor.
  3. When the subcontractor completes and emails back this new order - this order is automatically emailed to the client.

Is this something that can be done with Gmail, IFTTT, Zapier, Trello, or any other automation tool out there?

The idea is to automate the whole process while shielding the identities of buyers & subcontractors from each other.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2017

Hi Deva,

Some of this is certainly possible with Zapier!

For example, you could set up a Zap to create a new card when a new file is added to a specific Drive folder: https://zapier.com/app/editor/template/1692

You could very likely add an action to the Zap to handle the second bit of automation, notifying the subcontractor as well. The third bit would probably be a bit tricky, but Zapier is very powerful, so might be able to handle it. Zapier's support team is also a great group to contact for help setting up specific actions and automations!

Deva C August 11, 2017

Thank you - I will check out Zapier!

Vik Chaudhary September 15, 2017

Deva C, what was your experience in using Zapier to shield your clients and subcontractors from having to use Trello? 

Deva C September 17, 2017

Namaste Vik,

I tried a lot of other apps - IFTTT, Zapier, Integromat etc. etc. finally the old saying "bagal mein chora shehar mein dhindora" - I finally found Zoho!

It has 35 apps all talking to each other and seamlessly integrated.

Indian dimaag se banaya hai - badiya product hai.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events