Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I deduce a card's email address from its card URL?

TRP Austin-Travis County September 17, 2018

I am using Google Sheets to generate a file that I want to attach to a selected Trello card. I have access to the card's URL using Trello's integration with Zapier, but I can't find the email address for the card via the integration. 

While I could have the user manually attach the file to the card, that is not particularly user-friendly for my users. I would prefer to deduce the email address for the card and automate an email to that address with the file attached to the email.

Since I have the card URL, is there a way to retrieve (or decode) the card's email address from the URL?

1 answer

0 votes
Crystal Davis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Hi there,

Crystal from Trello Support here! 

You can find the email address of the card while inside of Trello. To do this please click on the card and on the card back under "Share and more" you will find the email address. From there you can include the email address for your customers! Here's more information on that: https://help.trello.com/article/809-creating-cards-by-email

TRP Austin-Travis County September 22, 2018

Thank you...I understand how to navigate to the email address manually on a card.

My question is different. I want to access the email address from a formula in Google Sheets based on the card URL. In particular, I need to use the IMPORTXML function using the card URL and the appropriate XPATH to return the email address. The function call looks like this:
=IMPORTXML("card URL","XPATH to email address")

Can you tell me what the XPATH should be?

My browser tells me it should be 
//*[@id="classic"]/div[5]/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[3]/input
but I'm not successful in getting Google Sheets' IMPORTXML to return the email address (or any value) for that XPATH. 

Thank you.

Ricardo March 26, 2019

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events