• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I created dependencies between tasks?

Can I create a timeline of tasks,  where the second/later items dependent on the first/early ones and then the times automatically update.  For example if I am doing and analysing a survey and create a timeline the processing, analysis etc,  the timeline depends on when I send the survey to them.  If I change or update the time of sending the survey can I make everything else that follows automatically adjust?  Basically the ghant chart software automatically updates the workflow kinda thing.

Many thanks!

2 answers

1 vote

Not native within Trello, but I've used the Placker add-on (https://placker.com/) that allows me to do this. It's essentially a Gantt charting tool. Costs about £7 a month so you'll also have to factor that in.

Agree thought that it would be great to have these sorts of dependencies within Trello itself.

@Karin Christiansen 

I create a module that can plug into Butler to do a number of things as they relates to dates and change them with a start date, or simply to bump the days. 
https://youtu.be/PS98D_qOFAw

Thanks SGI - doesn't really help in what I am looking for.  I think.  I am looking for a change in an initial data - aka when we send a survey - to trigger a change in a whole series of other dependent items.  If we send the survey 2 days later, that all the dates will automatically change to 2 days later, or better 2 days without weekends.

@Karin Christiansen 

The ‘equivalent’ is to bump the dates by x days. How x is determined inside a Butler commands is probably the tricky part. I focus on checklist. It would quite tricky to work with cards as there is no real dependency aside from cardlinks. Hard to figure out how you follow that chain to collect all the right cards to bump the dates. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

75 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you