How do I copy multiple cards from one board to another board at once?

Khanh Russo April 6, 2018

I have several cards on one board and need to copy them to another board and was wondering if there is an easy way to do it at one. For example, in excel, I can select multiple cells and then copy them into a new sheet.

Basically, I have a list of cards in a column. I finish some of them. I want to copy the uncompleted ones onto a new board. In the screenshot, I have labeled the ones that I want in yellow. I want to see if there is a way to select all of the cards with a yellow label and copy them all to a new board.Capture.PNG

2 answers

3 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2018

Trello doesn't have an option to select only certain cards.  You can move an entire list or one card at a time, but since you're using labels, the workaround will be easy.

I recommend using the Butlerbot Power Up.  You get 1 free card button and 1 free board button. You would want to create a board button.  I would create a list called "Move to new board" or something similar. 

Use the "Move all cards with a yellow label to list "Move to new board"".    Then you can click the button, all cards with a yellow label will move to that list, and then you can move the entire list to the new board in one click.

butler.png

Khanh Russo April 6, 2018

This is really helpful! Thanks for the clarification and tip!

0 votes
Max Zaniewski May 29, 2020

this is so helpful! THANK YOU

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events