• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I configure or stop Trello from sending card updates to my Outlook?

Whenever I add a new Trello card or move lists, it will trigger an email to my Outlook (for business). I don't share this board with others so I do not need to have these emails. Can anyone direct me on how to stop these emails altogether or configure the triggers for when I would receive these?

I checked the Trello Add-In and it seems unrelated (that add-in pushes email to Trello rather than Trello pushing to email). I also didn't see this setting in my Trello settings.

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jul 24, 2019

Hi @Kyle Stenson ,

You can change how often you get notification emails in your  "Account" page. You can also set your notification email preferences by clicking the Notifications button in the header and selecting "Change Notification Email Frequency". Options are "Never", "Periodically", and "Instantly." "Instantly" is the default and any unread notifications in Trello are emailed out as soon as possible.

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Please let me know if this helps.

Jodi

I have it set to "periodically" but I don't think this is the setting that changes the emails I'm getting. I instantly get emailed when a card is created or moved. I think it may have been somehow connected to my Outlook, specifically. I say that because my Trello account is under my personal email, but I'm getting notified on my work Outlook.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 9.10.34 AM.png

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jul 25, 2019

Wow that is really strange, I have not seen that happen before. You may want to reach out to Trello support directly: trello@support.com to see what could be happening.

Will do. Thank you very much for spending time on this.

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jul 26, 2019

Thanks Kyle, I hope this will be resolved for you soon :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

296 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you