Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a generic checklist from a card without Trello saving the file name?

lizzy.s@afm.org.au January 22, 2019

I'm adding a generic checklist from a card and Trello saves the new card name in the list as an option when next adding the checklist to a new card.
How do I prevent this from happening so that there is always only one checklist to choose from? In the screen snip attached, I'm always adding the 1.0 checklist, but Trello saves all the cards that I've added it to as an option.
Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 6.03.08 am.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

lizzy.s@afm.org.au yes this is a bit of a hassle. The quickest way to do this is to have a list called ".Templates" and a card called ".Checklists". Then those will always appear at the top of the list

Thanks Iain, can you show me what you mean? Sorry, I've only just started using Trello.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

lizzy.s@afm.org.au sure take this board for example:

https://trello.com/b/IGO5jJGT/test-board-%F0%9F%96%A5%F0%9F%9B%A1

the checklist templates are always at the top of the list because the card name starts with a "."

2019-01-23 at 11.23 am.png

Got it. Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events