How do I access my user handle, which is linked to an ex employer?

Jamin Hirte June 2, 2021

I have a trello account which I have held for many years. It was used extensively with my prior employer and I believe was linked to the atlassian account using the domain of that employer (which is when atlassian introduced the single signon). I am trying to access that user account now and it is not allowing me to do that. How can I get my access to this handle. Is there a helpdesk at Atlassian that can link my original trello account to my personal email and unlink to the prior corporate one. Note I am not trying to access any of the boards that were developed while I was working for the prior employer.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2021

Hi Jamin,

I totally understand wanting to get your handle back, but that is something we won't be able to change for you. You (or someone from your previous employer) would need to log into the account and change the username to release it for you.

You could also reach out to the company and ask them to delete your Atlassian Account entirely. That would also delete the Trello account and release your handle.

Jamin Hirte June 8, 2021

I have spoken to my prior employer and they are advising they investigated and don't know how to unlink this account from the trello. Can you please advise how they change the user name as you mention and I will share that with the administrator to make that change. I also have an email from them confirming they are happy to support my accounts being unlinked from them - if that will enable anyone at Atlassian to help.

Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

Hi Jamin,

Unfortunately, that is not something we can help with even with their consent. To help you out, they have two options:

1) Temporarily revive your old email address, then trigger a reset password to that email, log in with the newly set password, and change the username here: https://trello.com/your/account

2) If their domains are claimed, they can go to https://admin.atlassian.com, find your account and delete it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events