Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we share one board with someone, without giving them access to all the other boards we have?

Brandon Odze March 21, 2018

How can we share one board with someone, without giving them access to all the other boards we have?

My team wants to be able to give someone access to one board, but not any of the others that we share as a team. How can we make sure they cannot gain access to all of our boards.

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Hey Brandon, 

By Sharing a board with a new user, they only have access to the board you gave them access on. Did you have a concern about a specific board setup that you could share? 

We've done a couple of different tests, and when we shared one board to a new email address, that person was able to see all of our other boards. We want to make sure that can't happen.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Was this new user added to your team on the boards they shouldn't have access to? 

I would recommend checking the menu for each of your boards. If this new user was added as a team member or non team member, this could be the reason they're getting board access. 

2018-03-21_11-23-00.png

They were only added to the one board, but were then able to see the other boards and join them. But we invited the user directly from one board.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2018

The only other things I can think of are that the board is grouped in a non-private (can check through settings in the area above your board on the home page) OR that under members, this user was somehow invited to the team. I wish I could be of more assistance!

2018-03-21_11-40-31.png

Poli Sotomayor March 21, 2018

HI! I have exactly the same problem, I only added a person to one board but he is able to see all of them, even if I didn´t invite him, and he is not part of the team. How can we correct this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events